Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My last Wii post for a while... I promise

This blog has been Wii-loaded for the last while. It must seem like I'm obsessed. Well, I kinda am...

But last night I had the opportunity to finally play a Wii, thanks to a friend that was luckier than I was on November 19th. And it was awesome.

Wii Sports Bowling and Golf were great fun. Boxing is tricky, but I was starting to catch on by the end. Baseball is hard as hell. We forgot about Tennis.

We also played a little two-player Golden Axe (Sega Genesis) on the Virtual Console. And some Rayman Raving Rabbids, which was actually really fun.

All in all, I was extremely impressed by the controls, and the ease of targetting on the screen. I expected to have problems with an unsteady hand, but I was moving the pointer around with ease as soon as I picked the Wiimote up. And the all-important motion detection worked like a charm, especially in Bowling, Golf, and Rayman.

I chose not to sample Zelda. That can wait until I have my own Wii.

In non-Wii-gaming news, Guitar Hero II for the Playstation 2 is pretty awesome as well. My friend has all the cool stuff...

No comments: