Thursday, December 21, 2006

Same-sex marriage vote--that was easy.

I'm three weeks late on this post, but after mentioning Canada's same-sex marriage laws in my Manifesto, I had to do a follow-up on the issue eventually.

Did you know that Parliament already had their second vote on this issue? I don't blame you for not knowing, because it sure wasn't well publicized. Yep, the same-sex marriage issue was quietly reopened on December 7th. (Okay, technically, the December 7th vote was about whether the issue should be reopened or not, so the issue wasn't really reopened... Confused yet?) And it was quickly slammed back shut with a 175-123 vote against discrimination.

I guess we might have heard more about this vote had the results gone the other way...

Sadly, I'm sure this isn't the last we'll hear of this issue. The Religious Right doesn't back down easily.

No comments: