Friday, October 27, 2006

Late getting in on the blogging game...

First let me introduce myself... not that there is actually going to be anyone reading this post...

I'm an electrical engineer working for a power utility in Canada. I work on control software and hardware for the power system. I started with the company in a different position which I suffered through for five years, but a transfer at the beginning of the year was the best thing I've done for my sanity and career. I generally like my job, my co-workers, etc., so I would never want to do anything to jeopardize this job, but I have a work story that begs to be shared...

I'm going to try to keep things somewhat anonymous to start, since some of the things I'll be saying about my company's IT department are not going to make me any friends. Not that I have any friends in IT now... but that's the long story to come. I don't believe I can actually be fired for telling a true story, even if it makes certain parties look bad (including myself, because I did some pretty dumb things...), but anonymity won't hurt.

So, what else can I say about myself?

I enjoy watching TV (Battlestar Galactica, Veronica Mars, and Lost are the best shows on TV), watching movies (although I haven't really gotten into a movie since The Lord of the Rings set standards impossibly high--Serenity was awesome, though), surfing the internet, and other boring things that aren't worth repeating.

I visit two blogs daily, both at ScienceBlogs.com, and both dealing with skeptical thinking: Pharyngula and Respectful Insolence. I have never posted a comment, just lurked, but I wanted to begin my blog by acknowledging both blogs for their awesomeness.

I don't want to type much more for this first post, but I will quickly address the title of the blog--it doesn't mean anything at all. Just words that kinda form a phrase. But the first letters in each word got me in a ridiculous amount of trouble at work, which is the story that will soon follow...

No comments: